Enjoy expanded photogrammetry capabilities of ReCap Photo, our new desktop and cloud solution built for UAV and drone processes. Special 57% discount offer below. Read frequently asked questions.
We see how laser scanners are democratizing reality capture and the same can be said of drones. Previously, aerial surveying methods meant spending tens of thousands of dollars to charter a one-time scan from a professional service company using LiDAR-equipped plane. Now, it is possible to do the same work with a drone or UAV, which has dramatically reduced the cost and increased the accessibility of site reality capture. Additionally, drones have made it easier to safely capture hard-to-access or inaccessible areas where traditional surveying could be dangerous or impractical.
These improvements are not just limited to hardware, as enhancements in software are also changing the way we work. Through automation and the computing power of the cloud, software is speeding up and automating the once tedious process of registering (stitching) and editing captured information.
That’s where ReCap Pro comes in. ReCap Pro has made it easier for our customers to deliver their projects with more accuracy and efficiency, by facilitating the creation of highly accurate virtual models that can be imported and used in Autodesk design products such as AutoCAD, Revit, Infraworks, Civil 3D, Navisworks, and more.
Now, we’re happy to unveil ReCap Photo, our new cloud-based solution tailored for UAV photo capturing processes. ReCap Photo is a desktop app which utilizes Autodesk’s upgraded Photo-to-3D cloud service, The addition of ReCap Photo expands the value of a ReCap Pro subscription with features to support UAV and drone photo capture workflows. Using ReCap Photo you can create photo textured meshes, photo-based point clouds with geolocation, and high-resolution orthographic views with elevation maps.
Special Offer: 57% Discount on ReCap Pro
Now through November 17, 2017, you can take advantage of this special offer celebrating the release of ReCap Photo. To receive the offer of a 2-year subscription to ReCap Pro, which includes ReCap Photo, + 100 cloud credits for a 57% discount, use one of the following links to purchase:
- UNITED STATES
- EUROPE (except the UK)
- UNITED KINGDOM
Features and benefits of ReCap Photo include:
- A new photogrammetry engine that can process up to 1,000 photos, a 4x improvement from the previous maximum of 250 photos (note: using the cloud service consumes Autodesk Cloud Credits)
- The ability to set GPCs (Ground Control Points, survey points) in any coordinate system.
- New functionality to support vertical and nadir photos (photos taken by drones and UAVs at 90 degrees above the site)
- View your 3D photo-textured mesh
- View the geolocated orthographic view, zoom in and out, and add measurements, tags, and annotations.
- Share the project, including its additional metadata (measurements, tags, annotations), with anyone.
- Merge laser scan point clouds with UAV-based point clouds.
Watch these videos to get an introduction to ReCap Photo and learn how to set Ground Control Points (GCPs) in any coordinate system.
Installing ReCap Photo (requires subscription to ReCap Pro)
To access ReCap Photo, sign in to your Autodesk Account:
- Go to the Management tab
- Select the latest ReCap Pro version and click on “Install Now”
- Our ReCap Pro installer will then allow you to install both ReCap Pro and ReCap Photo desktop apps.
Recommended companion software
For orthographic views, we recommend Autodesk InfraWorks or AutoCAD Civil 3D to create measurements and overlay drawings or CAD models. Point clouds can be imported into any Autodesk software for design, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Civil 3D, InfraWorks, 3ds Max, and Stingray.
ReCap Pro offers a complete solution, allowing integration of laser scan and UAV scan data for accurate, 3D modeling. You can access cloud-powered reality data across multiple platforms – web, desktop app, and now in the field with your iPad. ReCap Pro integrates with most hardware.