Autodesk University is right around the corner (Nov 15th to the 17th) and Reality Computing will be well represented. The main exhibit hall will have a large ReCap booth, so be sure to stop by with your coworkers and industry peers to see the latest and greatest ReCap developments. And although we’re sworn to secrecy, there’ll be a very exciting announcement about Autodesk & Leica at the booth on the opening day on Tuesday (the 15th)! If you can’t make it to the booth for the announcement, make sure to sign up at the link above to get all the details when they’re released.
This year’s conference features 26 Reality Computing sessions, with topics that run the gamut from capturing reality with drones to measuring the flatness of newly poured concrete floors with laser scanning. Some sessions are already full, but there are still available seats in these Reality Computing classes:
- Have Insight 360 with Your ReCap 360 Pro Point Cloud (AR21415): Joshua Benoist and Joel Harris from Autodesk will demonstrate how ReCap, Green Building Studio, and Revit can be used to easily generate a building performance analysis model from a point cloud.
- Realities of Reality Capture: A Review of the Available Tools (CS22103): Jacob Skrobarczyk from builder Austin Commercial will discuss the technological aspects, and provide a comparison of, reality capture tools currently being used in the construction industry.
- As-Built Model Verification Workflow Using Revit and Scan Data (RC20481): In this session, Forida Limited’s Chan Ion Seng and Kenneth Lau will present how to use scanned data, ReCap, and Revit to verify the accuracy of digital building models.
- More BANG for the Buck: ReCap and Fusion 360 for Air Force EOD and NASA (RC20537): Patrick Suermann of the U.S. Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center will explain how they’re using ReCap and Fusion 360 to make realistic, tactile training aids for explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) training.
- Combining Emergent Technology and Autodesk’s Suite of Products for Real-World Solutions (RC22205): This class, presented by Simon Yorke of Aurecon and YORKE Labs, will showcase examples of how companies are combining emergent technology (such as ReCap, ReMake, SimStudio, Fusion 360, and Stingray) for use in the AEC industry.
- From Reality to Design – ReMake and Fusion360 (RC22352): Autodesk’s Tatjana Dzambazova and Grant Holmberg-Baugher will lead this lab session, aimed at learning how to use ReMake and Fusion360 to start new designs and create 3d models in unique ways.
- Capturing Reality: Incorporating Reality Capture into Utility Design and Use in Subsurface Utility Engineering/SUE (UT20960): Forrest Roy and Aaron Mason from Anchorage Municipal Light and Power will describe how the utility is using reality capture to generate very accurate 3D models of existing underground utility infrastructure to facilitate design and maintenance. The session will feature ReCap AutoCAD Utility Design.
- ROI Needed: Reality-Computing Trends for Industrial Facilities (UT21449): In this session, Faro’s Scott Diaz and John Bunn will provide several real-world examples of how engineering firms are using Reality Computing and Autodesk software (ReCap and AutoCAD Plant 3D) for the design and maintenance of petrochemical plants.
And even though the other session are already full, don’t forget that after the conference you can view many sessions online and/or download the presentation material and handouts.
Have fun in Vegas!