Mirror, Mirror, on the wall…
Why not kick-off the New Year right with another #autodeskcamchallenge, as well as start the buzz around Autodesk University 2019?! Rumor on the street is this happens to be our last Autodesk University in Sin City.
For another 15 days on Instagram, we bring you the #autodeskcamchallenge 2.0! Whether you’re a fan of cloud powered CAM software with Fusion 360, or our Integrated CAM solutions like Inventor HSM, Autodesk offers a variety of manufacturing technology, so pick your ‘cup of tea’ and have at it!
To our diehard followers on Instagram, your continued support and contributions to the #instamachinist community never goes unnoticed. We can all agree your participation is strictly to ‘flex your CAM muscles’, and not for the prizes (hopefully not). Speaking of prizes…like last year, before we could blink an eye, Tooling and Workholding vendors began reaching out months prior to the challenge. Our Netflix theme surely doesn’t hide who’s contributing as well.
So why no ‘demo file’ you might ask? We didn’t want to disrupt the ecosystem of your shop, and we thought to ourselves, why don’t we just have our customers showcase what they’re designing and manufacturing with our products? There’s no distractions, no demo part file to deal with, and no excuse. (If you need a demo part, just use the Autodesk ‘A’ HERE:-). We can never have enough of those popping up on the internet)
Changing the theme from the last challenge, we’re keeping it simple…use any part of choice.
So what are we looking for? Dazzle us with your best ‘Mirror Finish’, or better yet, show us an example of how you use ‘Tabs’ in machining. Feel free to do either or, or both! Let’s not make this complicated, have fun with it.
Here’s a perfect example of @1186 having fun:
IMAGES, VIDEOS (videos get bonus points), GIF’s, EMOJI’S…you name it, are accepted. Dazzle us with your ‘Mirror Finish’, or creativity on using ‘Tabs’ in your machining process. Feel free to use ANY Autodesk Manufacturing Product (HSM, Fusion 360, PowerMill, FeatureCAM, etc.).
Tell us what type of machine you’re using. (VMC, Lathe, Waterjet, Laser Cutter, Plasma Cutter, Router, whatever we can post to…it doesn’t matter)
- FINAL ENTRY BY: 11:59PM on February 20th, 2019 PST – Don’t forget your Hashtags!
We’d love to display your creations at Autodesk University, or even our Autodesk Gallery!
RAFFLE – A surprise from 5th Axis (EVERY ENTRY will be entered.)
1st place – 2018 Autodesk University admission pass with four (4) nights accommodations (Just find your way to Las Vegas) PLUS a surprise from Orange Vise
Prize 1 – A fitted ‘vise’ for a King. (or Queen) provided by Orange Vise
Prize 2 – $1000 Tormach Gift Card
Prize 3 – $1000 MariTool eGiftCard
Prize 4 – $500 Harvey/Helical Tools Tooling Package
Prize 5 – Admission to Tormach’s Mill AND Lathe Class (Transportation and Lodging NOT Included)
Prize 6 – Lang Technik Clean-Tec Cleaning Fan
Prize 7 – 12 Months CAMplete Free Maintanence to a new purchase or existing license of CAMplete, PLUS a Swag Bag
********** Terms and Conditions **********
“#autodeskcamchallenge 2.0” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Standard internet access charges may apply.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor(s). The “#autodeskcamchallenge” Contest (the “Contest“) is a skill-based contest being run by Autodesk, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Sponsor“). The Contest will be run in connection with Sponsor’s website at autodesk.com (“Sponsor Site”), administered on and advertised through one or more of Sponsor’s accounts on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram and any additional sites from which participant may enter the Contest, if any (“Contest Site”) (collectively, the “Sites”). The Contest is governed by these Contest Official Rules (these “Rules”)
- Eligibility. The Contest is open only to natural persons who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Other individuals may be excluded from eligibility to enter or win, as described in Section B, Paragraphs 2 and 3 below. THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS, SWEDEN, DENMARK, NORWAY, LATVIA, SOUTH AFRICA, FRANCE, and IRELAND.
- Entry. The Contest begins at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on [February 6th], 2019 (“Start Date”), and the detailed of the contest will be released on manufacturinglounge.com. Entries for the Contest must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. PT on [February 20th], 2019 (the “Deadline“). Unless otherwise stated on the Contest Sites or otherwise indicated by Sponsor: (i) there is no limit on number of entries, but only one entry per person can win a prize in the Contest; (ii) all entries must be in English; and (iii) the entry must not have been previously published other than by you, or entered in previous contests.
- Each entry is to be judged separately.
- Each entry must contain the “#autodeskcamchallenge” hashtag and imagery.
- Imagery must adhere to the following:
- At least one (1) image or one (1) video must be submitted with each project entry.
- Images must be high resolution, single dynamic images; no collages (a collage is an image that is created from more than 1 image).
- Avoid text or logos on images.
- Winner Selection, Notification and Announcement; Mailing List. There will be one (1) total winner for the Contest. The winner will be selected on or about February 22nd, 2019, and Sponsor will announce the winner and post their name on the Contest Sites or other reasonable location on or about February 22nd, 2019. The winner will be notified by e-mail or direct message via social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) between February 20th-22nd, 2019. The winner will be awarded only the prize(s) for which that winner is qualified, as described below.
Attention: Curt Chan
- Judging. All entries that are in compliance with all terms and conditions of these Rules will be judged on the basis of the following criteria (the “Criteria”):
- PRESENTATION: For the presentation category, all entries will be judged per the following criteria: i.) creativity, ii) surface finish or usage of Tabs and iii) imagery or video delivery
- The above Criteria will be given equal weight unless otherwise stated on the Contest Sites or otherwise indicated by Sponsor. Sponsor will establish a panel of at least three (3) individuals (each, a “Judge”), and will post information about the judges on the Contest Sites. One Judge will be named by Sponsor as the Presiding Judge at the beginning of the Contest. In the event that one or more of the identified Judges are unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Judges of comparable qualification, to be determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
- Presiding Judge: Curt Chan, Autodesk – Technical Marketing Manager
- Judge 2: Al Whatmough, Autodesk – Product Manager
- Judge 3: Tim Paul, Autodesk – Product Manager
- Size of Entry Pool. Winning entries will be selected by the Judges in accordance with the Criteria as described in these Rules. The chances of any entry winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received between the Start Date and the Deadline and the quality of that entry as compared to the other eligible entries, as evaluated by the Judges in the manner described above. Sponsor does not know in advance the number of eligible entries that will be received.
- Prize. The prize to be awarded in the Contest (the “Prize”) is as follows:
1st Place Winner Receives:
- One (1) hotel room for four (4) nights (including room and tax) hotel accommodation from November 19th, 2019 through November21st, 2019 at either the Venetian or Palazzo Hotel (based on availability) in Las Vegas, NV, as booked by Sponsor, for Autodesk University 2019.
- One (1) conference entry pass for Autodesk University 2019
- One (1) Orange Vise provided by Orange Vise
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $5500.
The winner will be solely responsible for all other charges associated with his or her stay at the hotel (other than the cost of the room and tax paid for by Sponsor), including all incidental charges. The winner will also be solely responsible for all other expenses, including without limitation, all other travel expenses, such as taxi or shuttle service or any airfare expenses. If winner is unable to fly to Las Vegas, NV on the dates designated by Sponsor, no alternative prize will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for delays, cancellations, weather, or other factors which may result in added travel expense.
- One (1) Orange Vise per Orange Vises choice
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $1,500.
- One (1) $1000 USD Tormach eGift Card.
The winner will be solely responsible for all other charges over $1000 USD and the eGift Card will need to be used in one (1) purchase.
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $1,000.
- One (1) $1000 USD MariTool eGift Card.
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $1,000.
- One Harvey Tool and Helical Solutions Tooling Package, of winners course totally $500:
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $500.
- Admission to One (1) Tormach Lathe Class and One (1) Tormach Mill Class in Madison, WI.
The winner will be solely responsible for all travel and room/board costs to Tormach’s Facility. The winner will also be solely responsible for all other expenses, including without limitation, all other travel expenses, such as taxi or shuttle service or any airfare expenses. If winner is unable to fly to Madison, WI on the dates designated by Sponsor, no alternative prize will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for delays, cancellations, weather, or other factors which may result in added travel expense.
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $2000.
- One (1) Lang Technik Clean-Tec 260 3/4″ Cleaning Fan
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $250.
Winner needs to currently own a seat of CAMplete; if not, only a Swag Bag will be provided and no other consolation prize will be awarded.
The total estimated retail value of all Prizes to be awarded in the Contest is: $1500.
- One (1) 5th Axis Deuce Vise and Rocklock Adapter Base.
- Additional Entry Requirements. The following requirements apply to all entries:
- Entry must be entirely the original work of the persons identified in the entry;
- Entry must not contain any advertisement or solicitation;
- Entry must not contain anything that is or may be, as determined in Autodesk’s sole discretion: (i) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent or tortious; (iv) obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable; or (v) protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right;
- Entry must not contain any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense;
- Entry must not contain any materials that violate any applicable statute, regulation, order, rule, treaty, or other law (“Law(s)”), including but not limited to export control laws or laws governing use or transmission of harmful or hazardous materials; and
- If you are a government official or employee, the entry must not have been created within the scope of your employment.
- Entry must not violate the terms of your employment or contain confidential or trade secret information
- Entries may not violate any third party’s publicity or privacy rights. If any entry contains the name, voice, likeness, image or written or spoken words of any third party, the entrant must obtain the third party’s written consent to include such materials in the entry prior to submitting the entry.
- Exclusions from Eligibility. The following persons are not eligible to be selected as finalists or winners or win any prizes in the Contest: (1) Employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, or their respective affiliates or partners who are involved with running this Contest (2) Judges, as well as, in each case, members of their households or their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents and children). In addition, Sponsor has no obligation to permit entry or award a prize if doing so would violate the Policies or is prohibited by United States or other applicable Laws, including but not limited to Laws regarding (a) trade embargoes, (b) government sanctions or export restrictions against countries, entities, or individuals, or (c) dealings with officials or representatives of non-U.S. governments. Sponsor’s determination that an entrant is (or is not) legally prohibited from entering or receiving a prize will be conclusive, and Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrant or any other person in connection with such determination.
- Representations. By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Contest; (b) in entering and participating in the Contest, the entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable Laws; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
- Prize Terms and Taxes. All Prize values are stated in United States dollars. If a stated Prize is unavailable, Sponsor has the right to substitute one or more items of equal or greater value, in its sole and absolute discretion. No Prize is exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. The winner will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any Prize. THE PRIZE WILL BE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY MANUFACTURER OR OTHER WARRANTIES. SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some Prizes may be subject to third party terms and conditions or restrictions. In addition, certain countries may prohibit the use or operation of the Prizes, in whole or in part, and Sponsor has no knowledge regarding, and shall have no responsibility for determining, whether the winner(s) are permitted to operate or use the Prizes in any particular country. Unless otherwise specified in Section A, direct shipment costs by mail or parcel post (expressly excluding import duties and other duties or taxes, which are the winner’s sole responsibility) to Winner’s designated valid delivery address shall be borne by Sponsor or Co-Sponsor, provided, however, if delivery is declined or fails by reason of winner’s failure to timely accept receipt or pay appropriate import duties and other duties or taxes) then the winner will be deemed to have declined acceptance of the Prize and Sponsor reserves the right to reclaim the Prize, whereupon the Prize will be returned to Sponsor or Co-Sponsor, and winner will no longer be eligible to receive the Prize.
- Release. To the maximum extent permitted by Law, by entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, any co-Sponsors, the prize manufacturers, any other entities involved in the promotion or administration of the Contest (including without limitation any advertising or social media platform, such as Facebook or Instagram, on which the Contest is advertised or through which the Contest is accessed or entered), each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties“) from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) the Contest; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules, the Policies, or applicable Laws; (c) any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property misappropriation or infringement attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize or any item purchased with any prize; (d) any entries that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (e) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (f) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (g) printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or (h) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Contest (the “Causes“). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITY (INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Misconduct: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant who: (a) tampers or attempts to tamper with the registration process, the operation of the Contest, the Sponsor Site, or affiliated websites; (b) acts in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; (c) is otherwise in violation of these Rules, the Policies, or any applicable Laws; or (d) attempts to subvert the letter and/or spirit of these Rules. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Termination. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest at any time for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, tampering, or technical, administrative, financial, or other difficulties. In such cases, Sponsor will post notice on the Contest Site, the Sponsor Site, or other reasonable location. Should the Contest terminate prior to selection of the winner, Sponsor will announce an alternate means of awarding the prize on the Sponsor Site, Contest Site, or other reasonable location.
- Use of Entries and Personal Information. In order to enter the Contest, entrants may be required to submit entrant’s name, e-mail address, age or date of birth, and other information, including contact details for a parent or legal guardian for purposes of obtaining proof of parental consent. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use by Sponsor, or any third party acting on Sponsor’s behalf, of entrant’s entry and any and all information, drawings, text, images or other material contained in an entry or otherwise provided by such entrant related to the Contest, including any personal information (including without limitation, name, contact information (such as email address), user profile information, voice, image, biographical information and likeness) obtained through the Contest, for administering and promoting and publicizing the Contest and other Autodesk contests and promotions, or for other purposes as agreed upon in writing by the entrant, without any compensation. Other than as set forth herein, Sponsor will treat any personal information supplied by entrants in connection with the Contest in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, which is incorporated herein
- Miscellaneous. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that these Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California (and, to the extent controlling, the federal laws of the United States) The laws of such jurisdictions shall govern without reference to the conflicts-of-laws rules thereof. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act shall not apply to (and are excluded from the laws governing) these Rules. In addition, by entering the Contest, entrants agree that any claim, action or dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Marin, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco. By entering the Contest, each entrant submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, nothing will prevent any of the Sponsor Parties from bringing an action for infringement of intellectual property rights in any country where such infringement is alleged to occur. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Contest related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any third party, product, or service.
- The Contest may be advertised on or accessed or entered through one or more social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. However, the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any such platforms. Each entrant agrees to comply with all terms and policies governing such platforms in connection with the Contest.