Running November 14 – 16, Autodesk University 2017 is back in Las Vegas again this year with a slew of new sessions for AutoCAD. Whether you’re a CAD manager, designer, drafter, or just starting out with AutoCAD, AU is the place to get the latest and greatest insights to improve your work as well as interact with your fellow AutoCAD devotees and the AutoCAD team.
Here’s a look at some of the classes to expect this year. Register today and don’t miss out!
Future of AutoCAD
- What’s Next in AutoCAD
Join AutoCAD product managers Scott Crider and Dania El Hassan for a sneak peek of what’s coming in future releases of AutoCAD.
- AutoCAD Project Fabric: Developer Opportunities
AutoCAD is coming to the web browser and mobile platforms. Learn more about “Project Fabric” and third-party applications it will enable.
- The Future of Sharing Your AutoCAD and Inventor Designs on the Autodesk Viewer
Learn more about the Autodesk Viewer, including design concepts, for better sharing and collaboration with multiple stakeholders. The team will be looking for your feedback!
- 3D Modeling in AutoCAD
“If you thought 3D in AutoCAD was just too hard, think again,” David Cohn promises for this class.
- A Quick Start Into AutoCAD 3D Solid Modeling
Dieter Schlaepfer will help you learn the basics of 3D solid modeling using only 10 commands.
- Design for the Future: 3D Scanning, ReCap, and AutoCAD
Heidi Hewett and Michael Mizuno will demonstrate how to use the latest 3D scanning technology with ReCap and AutoCAD.
- Create Compelling 2D Sections, Details, and Auxiliary Views from AutoCAD 3D Models
This intermediate-to-advanced hands-on lab offers AutoCAD 3D software veterans a chance to explore the 2D model documentation of 3D models from AutoCAD 2018 software
Don’t miss an incredible array of sessions to get all of your CAD Standards in order!
- CAD Standards Management
- Standards for Developing Standards: A How-to for Busy CAD Managers
- 3D Standards—A Continuing Journey of Best Practices
Are you using AutoCAD on-the-go yet? Check out these classes if you’re just starting out with AutoCAD Mobile or looking to maximize its use.
- AutoCAD Mobile—Use the Power of Mobile to Boost Your Efficiency
- Out and About: AutoCAD Mobile Basics
- Whose CAD Is It Anyway? An Interactive Workshop on the AutoCAD Mobile
- AutoCAD Windows Mobile App—A Cohesive Experience for Mobile/Desktop Users
From customization to best practices, here are some great classes covering a variety of ways to improve how you work in AutoCAD.
- AutoCAD Customization Boot Camp—Basic (No Experience Required)
- AutoCAD Customization Boot Camp—Beyond the Basics
- AutoCAD Review, Markup, and Sharing
- The Dos and Don’ts of AutoCAD—Do Attend!
Can’t Miss Sessions
We simply had to call these sessions out—from Jeopardy to our very own Lynn Allen!
- The CAD Manager Wish List—2017 Edition
Join Frank Mayfield, Jiselle Howe, and a representative from the AutoCAD product team for this session devoted solely to getting the CAD manager’s voice heard for features and requests.
- AutoCAD Jeopardy
Are you the next #Austinon Jeopardy? Get in on AutoCAD Jeopardy for fun, prizes, and bragging rights.
- 60 AutoCAD Tips in 60 Minutes
It’s our annual favorite. Last, but certainly not least, see Lynn Allen share all-new 60 AutoCAD tips in 60 minutes.
This is just a glimpse into all of the AutoCAD sessions available; be sure to take a look at the full AU catalogue for classes devoted to AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD for Mac, and much more. Book the tickets and register today. See you in Vegas!
There are no comments