Basic AutoCAD Customization
- LearningCustomizing the AutoCAD environment is a great way to increase not only your productivity, but those in your office or on your extended team.
- LearningIn Part 1 of my Quick Access toolbar tips, I discussed the benefits of customizing the QAT and how to accomplish customizing the QAT with the Customize menu and ribbon. Now, I’ll explain how the Customize User Interface (CUI) editor can be used to create and manage Quick Access toolbars.
- LearningThe AutoCAD user interface can be customized to allow quicker access to the tools you use most frequently. You can add or change the tools that are visible on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), the ribbon, and many other user interface features within the AutoCAD environment.
- LearningIn looking at the first step in basic AutoCAD customization, creating custom shortcuts can simplify your daily setup process by combining multiple steps into a single operation that you are already accustom to performing.
- LearningCommands are a central part of the AutoCAD program; they are used to complete a specific task and most are accessible from the AutoCAD user interface. While the AutoCAD user interface can make locating and starting a specific command easy, most power users try to avoid starting a command from the user interface because it […]