Paper Space Layouts
- LearningI recently completed a water sewer project—and if you’ve never done a water sewer project, it’s a lot of sheets. Due to the long nature of this type of project and the design containing many bends and changes in course, a good set of overall site layout sheets is key to helping the contractor bidding […]
- LearningIn today’s tip, I wanted to talk about one of my favorite features in the Map 3D toolset that is available with your AutoCAD subscription. One great benefit to the newer subscription model of AutoCAD is the addition of a wide variety of specialized toolsets like Electrical, MEP, Map 3D, and more. As a civil […]
- LearningAs I’m working day in and day out, I am constantly doing little things throughout the day that I know every AutoCAD user would appreciate to know.
- LearningHave you ever needed to plot several areas of your design at different scales or isolate a specific part of your design before plotting it to a hardcopy or electronic file? Layout viewports, also known as floating viewports, control the display of model space objects on a named paper space layout.
- LearningAutoCAD and AutoCAD LT users more or less live inside one of two working environments—model space and paper space—so it behooves you to nail down the fundamentals of each. Here, in our hour-long video introduction to layouts and viewports, we give you the 2D half of the story. By default, AutoCAD starts you off in […]