In•no•va•tion. (1)The introduction of something new. (2) A new idea, method, or device.
Everyone wants it, but how do you get it? Where does creativity come from? How do you manage it? The AU 2011 Innovation Forums feature talented, creative individuals in TED-style presentations, panels, and debates. Be inspired, enlightened, and delighted as you learn about how forward-thinking companies and individuals nurture and manage creativity and innovation. Don't miss these exciting forums! All forums take place in Palazzo E, Level 5.
Click the links, folks. These are really interesting people.
Creativity 2.0—Making Design Personal Again
Tuesday, November 29, 3:00 p.m.
Enjoy TED-style presentations from some of the world's most creative professionals as they explore the nature of creativity and how technology can be applied to the creative process. Our speaker lineup features:
- Sir Ken Robinson: The Creativity Crisis—Who is Killing Your Kid's Imagination?
- Mark Foster Gage, Gage / Clemenceau: Is That an Office Building or a Walnut?
- Rob Barnette, Nike: Putting the Shoe on the Other Foot—How Nike Turns Customers into Designers
- Louise Leaky, Paleontologist, Turkana Basin Institute: Share the Bones—Creative Problem Solving for the Next Generation
- Alex McDowell, Hollywood Production Designer: A Storyteller's Journey
- Saul Griffith, Inventor: Makers on the March—A New Creative Industry Gives Everyone the Tools for Design and Fabrication
Everything Changes—The Future of Managing Innovation
Tuesday, November 29, 1:00 p.m.
How can your business processes evolve to manage innovation? How do you gain a complete view of your innovation process? Join these dynamic presenters for a look at demystifying your business process challenges:
- Randi Zukerberg, founder and former director of marketing for Facebook
- Monica Schnitger, premiere market analyst for engineering technologies, including PLM, GIS, AEC, and plant design
- Oleg Shilovitsky, strategist, technologist, and ideologist for Inforbix and author of blogs Beyond PLM and PLM Think Tank.
But wait, there's more! In this forum, Autodesk also unveils new easy-to-use and simple-to-deploy solutions for improving collaboration, data, and lifecycle management.
Innovation Cage Match—Grey Matter Smackdown Featuring Free Drinks and No PowerPoint!
Tuesday, November 29, 5:00 p.m.
In this no-holds-barred session, top creatives face off to defend their stands on innovation. Autodesk CFO Mark Hawkins hosts and Autodesk Fellow Tom Wujec referees as we treat you to three stellar bouts:
- Fight 1: What is Innovation?
- Fight 2: Fostering an Innovative Culture
- Fight 3: The Future of Innovation
That's just a sample of the Innovation Forums offered at AU 2011. Stay tuned to the BLAUG for more information, or check out the Innovation Forums page on the AU website for more information.