We’re excited to announce the midyear release of Autodesk’s structural steel detailing software, Advance Steel 2017.1. Building on our 2017 release theme to help our customers move quickly from steel design to steel detailing to steel fabrication, the midyear release is aimed at creating a better user experience, and streamlining tasks so that users can work more quickly and efficiently.
So what’s new for Advance Steel 2017.1?
The Advance Steel 2017.1 release improves interoperability with enhanced IFC 2×3 export capabilities, and makes drawings easier to read with background mask capability behind dimension and label texts. We’re also excited to announce the Dynamo Extension for Advance Steel which will allow structural engineers to connect their complex parametric steel designs with the detail model in Advance Steel.
A list of the new features and their benefits is below:
- Simplified way to create drawings so users can create drawings more quickly and in less clicks (VIDEO)
- Get a background mask for objects behind dimension and label texts to make drawings easier to read by masking objects behind texts (VIDEO)
- Connection libraries with DASt values to insert steel connections more easily and quickly with the available libraries
- Check steel connection design with latest AISC codes (14th edition) helps validate steel connections against the latest standards (VIDEO)
- Dynamo for Advance Steel allows structural engineers to create parametric complex structures with the power of Dynamo (VIDEO)
- Model information exported to FabTrol systems lets users export accurate data from Advance Steelto FabTrol Pro in a single click (VIDEO)
- IFC 2×3 import/export enhancements enables project team members to work together more efficiently
Steel detailing software made better—by you
This midyear release features a number of updates requested by our customers. Thanks to your feedback, Advance Steel detailing software now includes:
- Special parts containing AutoCAD objects defined by surfaces now displayed on drawings
- Edit XRef and Block in-place feature available for referenced Advance Steel DWG files
- Improved polygonal beam behavior for cuts
- Assembly weight now includes bolt weights within a BOM
- WISCON NC-file export enhanced with a higher precision for angle values
If you want to learn more about the new features in the midyear release, check out our on-demand webinar with the Advance Steel product managers and developers: What’s New in Advance Steel 2017.1.
Advance Steel learning resources
If you’re an Advance Steel customer, we have a number of resources that you can access to make the most of your steel detailing software. Take a moment and check out these great tools:
- Autodesk Knowledge Network—For tutorials, videos, webinars, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- The Autodesk Building Solutions YouTube Channel—Our YouTube channel has several playlists on Advance Steel including: Advance Steel Implementation, What’s new in Advance Steel 2017, and Advance Steel: Stairs, Railings, Ladders & Gratings
- Follow us on Twitter @AdvanceSteel for tips, tricks, and more!