From urbanization to increased regulatory pressures, plant designers are being challenged to deliver better and safer facilities on time and on budget. The use of BIM workflows can help accelerate project setup, improve collaboration and cost management, minimize errors and omissions, and enable better design through visualization.
Meet Andy Manze, Autodesk’s AEC technical marketing manager. He’ll run a live demo of designing a pumping station using software solutions for plant. We’ll walk through the workflow from Revit, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Navisworks, and InfraWorks.
– Modeling a facility in Revit
– Defining process requirements for a water facility in AutoCAD Plant 3D
– Creating a 3D piping model in Plant 3D
– Combining the Plant 3D model with a Revit building
– Creating a federated model in Navisworks for clash detection
– Using InfraWorks to track the progress of design