Hi civil infrastructure community!
Over the next 30 years, by 2050, nearly 10 billion people will live on the planet. And two-thirds of us will live in cities. If you’re in the civil engineering space, then you know first-hand the tremendous work ahead of us in order to not only maintain current infrastructure but also to plan new infrastructure to meet the growing demand. The 7th Annual Infrastructure Week is upon us – it is a national week of advocacy and education that brings together business, labor, and elected leaders to spotlight the need to revitalize, modernize, and invest in infrastructure. Any time is a good time to raise awareness of infrastructure as a critical topic.
Autodesk invites you to join the discussion. We’re hosting a live panel with infrastructure changemakers from Skanska, The LiRo Group, and The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy. Please join us for this important talk. If you’ll be in Boston May 14, RSVP here to join us in person! To attend online, click here.
We want to know your thoughts. How can we build more, better, and with less environmental impact? What must be done to drive innovation in a legacy industry? How are trends and challenges such as BIM/GIS, VR/AR/Mixed Reality, BIM Mandates changing how we work?
Follow @AutodeskCivil3D on Twitter and join the conversation with #BuildForTomorrow #AutodeskInfrastructure
Discussion topics will include:
- How do we drive innovation in a legacy industry?
- What are the unique challenges to meeting these needs for rail, road, and highway projects?
- How can we help grow our cities and communities with the least environmental impact?
- What impact will new technologies such as “smart” infrastructure, design and GIS integration, design automation, visualization, and collaboration have?
- How does policy-making, including BIM mandates and interoperability standards intersect with these trends?
- What is the role of social advocacy and engagement?
From left to right:
- Lennart Andersson, Director of Virtual Design, Construction & Operation, The LiRo Group
- Paul Pedini, VP of Operations, Skanska USA Civil Northeast
- Jesse Brackenbury, Executive Director, The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
- Nicolas Mangon, Vice President of AEC, Business Strategy and Marketing for Autodesk
Drew Olsen, Sr. Industry Strategy Manager, Infrastructure, Autodesk