Autodesk Grading Optimization for Civil 3D helps eliminate the tedious, often time-consuming process of grading tasks from your design workflow. In this article we’ll review the latest capabilities in this extension for Autodesk Civil 3D. You’ll also find a collection of highly informative resources. Let’s have a look at what’s New in Grading Optimization 2023.1:
Pathways. New to Grading Optimization are Pathways – objects that represent sidewalks, driveways, and other linear methods of ingress and egress paths. Once pathways are placed, you can determine the width, slope, and cross slope of the path, allowing you to control the steepness of a path and limit its pitch to either side.
Ridge Lines. New objects that represent a linear elevation that directs drainage away from its placement. During optimization, the Ridge Line creates an elevation to repel drainage, unlike the Drain Line object which attracts and directs drainage.
Isolate Internal Zone Drainage. You can now isolate drainage objects (drain lines, low points, and ridge lines) within a zone from affecting optimization outside of the zone boundaries.
- Building pads now have a specific property to drain water away from the pad.
- Ponds now have a property to define the maximum storage depth of both wet and dry ponds.
Visit the Civil 3D product help online for more information.
Grading Optimization for Civil 3D Resources
From blog articles to YouTube videos, these resources will help you get up to speed more quickly with Grading Optimization.
Have You Tried? Grading Optimization for Civil 3D. This article provides an overview of what you can do with Grading Optimization.
Grading Optimization YouTube Playlist. In this playlist from our Autodesk Infrastructure Solutions YouTube channel, you’ll find the following video resources:
- A 5-part series of videos that will take you through the capabilities of Grading Optimization.
- Recordings of our 6-part series of YouTube Live sessions. These recordings features Autodesk product management and technical marketing representatives engaged in an informal discussion and demonstration of specific grading tasks.
- Five videos from an Autodesk commissioned productivity study. Each video demonstrates the value of using Grading Optimization versus the standard grading tools in Civil 3D for specific grading tasks.
And don’t forget to visit the Civil 3D product center to discover even more, get a free trial, and learn about subscription options.