This tutorial series provides a fast way of getting to know InfoWorks ICM and learning how to use its basic features. It uses a simple example to guide you through the main aspects of the software, showing you how to:
- Create a model
- Import data from other sources
- Inspect networks
- Perform network validation
- Run simulations
- Produce reports and graphs
It also demonstrates the options that are available for investigating the data held in your network and the various methods for selecting network objects. A number of the GeoPlan facilities are also described and illustrated. This tutorial also shows you how to add new objects to a network, fill in gaps in the data, simplify a network and compare one network with another, transfer data between networks, and export part of a network in standard file formats.
How to get the most out of this tutorial
- Watch here or there: You can watch this entire tutorial series right here on this page, or you can bookmark the YouTube playlist if that’s better for you.
- Our support site: There is accompanying support content on our help site if you need to dig in and find something related.
- Handy links: You’ll find a link to each of the written help sections underneath each video – in the caption – so you can open that in a separate tab if you ever want to view the written content for each step in a video.