We did a fair amount of travel at the end of 2015; giving presentations, attending conferences, visiting customers, and collecting feedback, much of which spun out of the Insight 360 announcements at Greenbuild and Autodesk University. In addition to the formal announcements, we taught a number of classes and sessions, which were all recorded (links below). For me, the highlights for Greenbuild and AU this year were not so much about the announcements or classes we taught, but about talking with users, watching inspiring customer presentations, and continuing to gather feedback about how people are using simulation tools today, and where they need them to go.
Autodesk University 2015 Recordings & Class Materials
- Greening Your Buildings by Implementing Performance Simulations in Early Design
- How much is Zero? Integrating Solar Power Design and Energy Analysis
- How Low Can You Go? The Architecture 2030 Design Charrette
- Dynamo classes
- FormIt 360 classes
Greenbuild 2015 Recordings
- Agile Energy Analysis for Architects
- Integrating Solar Power in Design Performance Analysis
- Lasers, Analysis and Chapels: Capturing a Modern Masterpiece
- Rapid Energy Modeling for Energy Retrofit Assessments
- Green Infrastructure Development in Washington, DC
Eddy Santosa discussing upcoming technology and application trends in building performance analysis during his class at AU.
Insight 360 shades and flare in the AU Expo Hall.
One of my favorite presentations I got to attend in 2015 was when Saul Griffith, founder of Otherlab, spoke at Autodesk’s monthly Design Night. If you’ve ever seen Saul present, you know he’s nothing short of motivating and insightful. I’ll just leave this here for you to watch and enjoy.