New Autodesk Netfabb 2017 delivers end-to-end software solution for industrial additive manufacturing and 3D printing
Following Autodesk’s recent announcement of its portfolio subtractive and additive manufacturing solutions, the company unveiled Autodesk Netfabb 2017, a comprehensive toolkit for additive manufacturing professionals. Users can access all the software they need to help reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve part performance in industrial 3D printing production environments. Autodesk Netfabb 2017 integrates design enhancement, manufacturing preparation and build simulation tools in one software environment that shares a common installer, common file formats and process definitions.
“Additive manufacturing is having a profound impact on how manufacturers of all sizes look at product design, production, distribution and economies of scale,” said Samir Hanna, vice president and general manager of digital manufacturing at Autodesk. “With Netfabb 2017, Autodesk has created a single set of industrial tools that help move from design to finished part quickly and easily.”
Since acquiring netfabb in 2015, Autodesk has been busy adding advanced technologies. For example, we’ve added powerful new capabilities – including enhanced simulation, optimization and advanced toolpath capabilities – that will provide engineers and designers with a broad collection of additive design and manufacturing tools. Highlights include:
Enhanced Prototyping and File Preparation
- Rapid file handing through the process of importing CAD files and converting them to editable STL files with the CAD import module.
- A wide range of model editing tools, which help users create the geometry needed to get powerful performance from additive manufacturing processes and machines.
Faster Production and Machine Operation
- A new simulation utility provides fast and robust simulation of full layer deposition and predicts structural stresses and deformations in metal parts, which helps reduce the need for costly experimental iterations.
- The build support module helps users quickly create support structures, while automatic packing maximizes the number of parts that can be loaded on a build area.
Powerful Design and Process Optimization
- An advanced and powerful generative design enhancement feature enables fast and efficient light weighting and refinement of parts.
- Users are able to enhance part properties and throughput with an advanced toolpath engine that specifies hatching patterns and control parameters such as print speed, focus and laser or beam power.
“Since we began using Autodesk Netfabb, we’re seeing significant savings on materials costs because we can keep the builds more efficient,” said Lasse Gistorp, owner and technical magager at GT Prototyper. ”Being more efficient gives us more money to put back into the business. It has also made it possible to use our employees’ time more productively, so it’s a better work environment for our people.”
Price and Availability
The new updates are free* to all existing Netfabb subscription customers and can be accessed immediately. The Netfabb solution will be available to new customers starting September 30, 2016, and is available in Standard, Premium and Ultimate options. All tiers are available as quarterly, annual and multi-year subscriptions through Autodesk Direct Sales. The Standard and Premium versions are available through the Autodesk eStore with a monthly subscription option available for Netfabb Standard. For more information, visit www.netfabb.com.
For more information on Autodesk’s complete portfolio of manufacturing solutions, please visit www.autodesk.com/make.