Autodesk University is always a great event for networking and learning, but 2019 is a special year for those of us who have been working with Autodesk Inventor for a while. In the fall of 1999, I was just starting my third month working for an Autodesk reseller in Cincinnati, OH. On a Thursday afternoon, I had just finished teaching a Mechanical Desktop class and headed back to my desk. A colleague of mine, Phil was listening in to conference call on his desk phone, using speakerphone mode (sigh…). My desk was right next to his, so I didn’t have much of a choice in terms of listening in 😊. While annoyed at first, my attitude quickly changed, as I began hearing about a new technology referred to as Rubicon aka Inventor R1. As the junior application engineer, I wasn’t yet in the need to know camp, but I heard enough to get super excited about the potential to learn another new CAD tool…… Fast forward 20 years and I am lucky to be part of the Autodesk Inventor team, then, more importantly, hundreds of customers and thousands of users I have engaged with since that first moment I learned of Inventor. Next week Autodesk University Las Vegas registration will open on the 7th, and you will be able to check out the 50+ Inventor classes in the catalog. Chris Hall, myself and the rest of the Inventor Product Management team is very excited about this year’s Inventor track, and we hope you will make the most of it. We hope to see you in Vegas to celebrate 20 years of Inventor and our incredible users. Have a look below for a sneak peek of the class titles ahead of the catalog going live.
Extra credit questions for a few random Inventor shirts/stickers……
· When and Where did you first learn about Autodesk Inventor?
· What release did you start on?
· Which Inventor Workflow / Feature would you claim bragging rights vs your co-workers/peers on? Or maybe a favorite feature. Engineer’s Notebook is mine, see image above for the time machine view 😊
Class title preview
1. A Civil Engineers Guide to Navigating Inventor and the Infrastructure Parts Editor
2. Single File, Kids! – Building Adaptive Assemblies in Inventor
3. Simulating with Nonlinear Materials like Hyperelastic and Isotropic Polymer Material
4. Inventor and AutoCAD Electrical Working Together
5. Autodesk CFD & Inventor Nastran – best tools to design eco-friendly electric cars
6. Inventor to Revit Family
7. Inventor Sheet Metal From Start To Press
8. Best Practices for Inventor & Revit Workflows
9. The Mechanics of Motion Automation
10. Authoring & Publishing Custom Content for Inventor Professional
11. Ask the Inventor Developer
12. Hidden Secrets of Automating Drawing Using Inventor
13. Getting Started with Generative Design for Inventor Users
14. AnyCAD and the Exchangeability of Inventor
15. Inventor workgroups: 10, 100, 1000 users working together, worldwide
16. Saving time and reducing errors by automating designs with Inventor iLogic.
17. Factory Design Utility Workflow – From zero to hero
18. The virtual commissioning in the factory
19. Looking into the Crystal Ball: The Future of Autodesk Inventor
20. Ask the Inventor Product Manager Panel
21. No more Tutorials – Time for Real “Blank Sheet of Paper” Design Work with Inventor
22. Inventor: Back to the Basics
23. Getting the Most Out of Your Inventor Templates
24. Delivering an automated precision manufacturing facility for offsite housing product
25. Inventor Template Management through the iLogic API Looking Glass
26. CADZilla Returns!!! – Fighting (and winning) with Large Assemblies in Inventor
27. Finding the right fit with Autodesk Inventor Tolerance Analysis [Lab]
28. Finding the right fit with Autodesk Inventor Tolerance Analysis
29. Taking It To The Next Level – Drawing Automation with Autodesk Inventor
30. Let’s Take It From The Top – iLogic Best Practices and Fundamentals for Success
31. Preparing your Inventor and Fusion 360 3D models for use in AR/VR/MR with 3ds Max
32. Up and Running with Autodesk Inventor Nastran
33. Making the Content Center Do More for You!
34. Better machine design with Autodesk Inventor Design Accelerators
35. 60 Inventor Tips in 60 Minutes
36. It’s STILL All in the Details – Tips & Best Practices of Detailing in Inventor
37. Understanding the impact of changing the role of simulation
38. Inventor Nastran: Roadmap for Successful Dynamic Vibration Analysis
39. Leveraging CAD skills for effective design simulation
40. TMT Journey to the stars
41. Inventor migration from previous releases. All steps for optimal success!
42. Choose Your Own Adventure – Inventor
43. Get your Welders and Designers Connected (20+ Tips on using WELDS in Inventor).
44. Process Modeling: Key to Factory Layout Optimization
45. Supplementing Your Designs with Inventor CAM and Inventor Nesting
46. Getting Through the Pain to See the Gain
47. Designing for Manufacture. OR Keeping the Production Team Happy
48. How to leverage Inventor MBD and become a success
49. To the moon and back – Mesh to Solid with PDMC
50. All you do in one platform- CAD to Nesting to CAM in Autodesk Inventor
51. Automate Product Configuration and CNC-Machining with Inventor CAM and Fusion 360
52. Process Modeling essentials for Industry 4.0
53. What to Automate: Assessing Automation Projects with Examples
54. Applying Integrated Factory Modelling at the automotive start-up e.GO Mobile AG
Written by Kevin Robinson
Go To Market strategy, planning and execution for Autodesk Inventor and Product
Design & Manufacturing Collection.