Global Autodesk University events offer a wealth of knowledge and networking opportunities for those designing and making buildings. We are working hard to deliver an AU experience that is valuable to both structural engineers and fabricators.
At the upcoming Autodesk University happening in Las Vegas November 13-15, 2018, we are excited to take the intimacy of the MEP & Structural Fabricators Forum and integrate this experience into AU. We think moving what had been a pre-event Forum into the AU curriculum will strike the right balance for busy professionals like you. You’ll receive the tailored content you need as a specialist in your field, and you’ll meet peers who have great ideas to share from outside of the structures space.
Here are 5 reasons why I think AU Las Vegas 2018 is a do-not-miss event for the structural professional:
- We’ve expanded the Connect & Construct Summit this year and will offer a fabrication track, providing a broader construction focus for both the general contractor and the trades. This includes a keynote presentation from the innovator KEF Katerra, one of the fastest growing offsite construction startups in the industry.
- Exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall will demonstrate compelling technology, including companies like StrucSoft, HILTI, AGACAD, hsbcad, Invicara, and many more. StrucSoft will demo BIM-driven fabrication of prefabbed wall systems using Revit, so be sure to stop by and see it live in action.
- We’ve doubled the number of classes available for fabricators as compared to what was offered in last year’s Fabricators Forum.
- We’ve created easy guides for the structural engineer and the fabricator to ensure that you’re attending the right classes, keynotes, and events, and getting the most value out of your time at AU.
- We will host a special product vision & strategy session for steel and concrete fabrication on the afternoon of Tuesday, November 13th. This event was a popular component of the Fabrication Forum. Attend on Tuesday and stay for a reception with your peers and other industry leaders from 6-7 pm. And afterwards, you can join the Community Reception in the Exhibit Hall.
There is no shortage of classes, events, and networking opportunities for the structural professional at Autodesk University. I hope to see to see you there.