Do you have an exemplary project using a buildingSMART openBIM solution? You’ll be happy to know that submission deadlines for the buildingSMART International Awards Program 2019 have been extended, so you still have time to enter your project.
- The deadline for step one of the application—completing a simple online form– is April 30, 2019
- All supporting documentation needs to be completed by May 14, 2019
Entries must deploy one or more buildingSMARTtools or standards, and are judged on how effectively or how innovatively they have used these to overcome interoperability challenges. The awards recognize openBIM in two main categories:
- Industry projects: design, construction or operations and maintenance phases
- Research projects: professional or student
While showcasing of successful IFC workflows is encouraged, the awards program is for any user experience of buildingSMART open standards, tools and products. The project can be in pre-planning phase if you’ve completed a BIM Use Case that can be demonstrated. You’re welcome to submit projects from previous submissions or chapter awards.
Three (3) finalists for each award will be invited to present their projects at the International Standards Summit in Beijing, China (October 29–November 1, 2019). It’s worth noting that buildingSMART makes honorable mentions and identifies good examples so it’s not just winners who are recognized in the community.
Go to the awards web page for all the details, including key documents:
- bSI openBIM Awards 2019 – Submission Guide
- Industry Project Submission Form
- Student Research Submission Form
- Professional Research Form
- Use Case Documentation V4-1
As a founding member of buildingSMART International, the organization that develops and maintains the IFC standard for building and infrastructure, Autodesk is committed to advancing interoperability throughout the AEC industry. Recognizing the complexity of infrastructure and building projects, Autodesk supports professionals in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) data and software applications.
For any further questions please contact email@example.com.
Connect with: Log in
There are no comments