Armundo Darling is the Senior Technical Enablement Manager for MEP engineering and fabrication solutions at Autodesk. He has extensive knowledge of both Autodesk® Revit® for MEP and AutoCAD® MEP, and is responsible for the production of all global MEP marketing deliverables and technical training of global technical specialists and channel partners. Armundo has over 33 years’ experience in the architectural engineering field as a drafter, designer, and CAD/BIM manager. He started drafting for the U.S. Air Force in 1984 as an engineering assistant specialist. His professional background includes working in the aeronautical engineering industry for several years.
Browse all posts
- Tips, tricks & tutorialsThe Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection now includes Revit and Fabrication CADmep, enabling mechanical and plumbing contractors to connect detailing and fabrication to BIM. Use a single fabrication database and a variety of tools to detail, coordinate, and prepare BIM detail models for pricing, MEP fabrication and installation. Working in Revit for MEP, you can […]
- Product newsThe Autodesk Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Collection gives you access to a set of integrated tools — including Revit — that equip you to meet any project challenge – now and in the future. Here’s the full list of products and services included in an AEC Collection subscription. MEP engineers and detailers using Revit may […]
- Tips, tricks & tutorialsLet’s take a look at a clash detection workflow between Revit, Dynamo Studio, and Navisworks Manage that can help improve design optimization and efficiencies in building design coordination. This workflow streams clash results between MEP and structural designs using a live link between Revit and Navisworks with Dynamo, and improves clash detection throughout the Building Information […]
- Product newsRevit 2018 enables you to modify an electrical circuit path for more accurate voltage drop calculations. You can choose to edit the circuit path by selecting Farthest Device, All Devices, or Custom and manually edit the circuit path. You can manually adjust the offset (elevation) and position of the circuit path as well as set […]
- Product newsEnergy analytical model – outside air enhancements Would you like to cover all internal gains, occupancy schedules, and outdoor air requirements with a single setting from a list of ASHRAE 62.1 activities? What if you could use the same data from your BIM model for more detailed energy analysis in simulation software like Autodesk Insight, […]
- Product newsRevit 2018 software has several new Revit MEP features related to detailing LOD 400 elements to help you extend design to fabrication. Improve modeling productivity with greater accuracy and achieve the detail needed for fabrication, estimation, and installation of building services. For mechanical contractors using Revit MEP, here are two exciting areas of development: Sloped […]