Yesterday we released an update for SketchBook on Apple iOS, Windows 10 (UWP) and Android with a new log-in flow that no longer requires you to create, or log in to, an Autodesk account to use SketchBook. This update fixes an issue that some of our customers were seeing that would not allow them to log in to SketchBook if they were not connected to the internet.
To bypass the login simply click the blue Start Drawing button in the Welcome to SketchBook window when you launch SketchBook.
We also fixed a couple of bugs in this release:
- The link to the SketchBook blog was broken – we fixed that.
- Apple Pencil input now works within the Welcome screen – iOS only.
- The No Network message no longer appears prematurely, and we added a Back button to retry after a real network error.
- Formatting issues on the account information dialog have been corrected.
- We made clicking the Close button a bit easier for all popup dialogs (it was previously a bit small for fingers).
Thanks for using SketchBook!