In today’s enterprise software landscape, there is a great need for tools to help you manage supplier information. More companies are working with contract manufacturers in their product development process. We’ll be taking a deeper dive into the Supplier Management capabilities in an upcoming webinar. We hope you’ll register and join us on June 3rd.
How to control who can see what
While it’s great to have the ability to add anyone to your process, controlling what they see if extremely important – particularly when adding people from outside your company. One of my personal favorite parts of Fusion Lifecycle is the granular level of access an administrator can provide. How granular? You can control what a user sees by:
- Site-level (can they even access the site at all). This is done by assigning a user to a site.
- Workspace level (read or write access)
- Workflow participation (for each transition you can define if a user/group can perform step)
- Record level (can control at an individual record level if a user/group can see)
- Section within a record (this can be key for cloaking sensitive data, i.e. financial information, from certain groups).
If you’re an end-user, you may never see many of the ‘Under the Hood’ screens shown above but feel comfortable knowing your administrator is safeguarding information! You can get more information about Permissions in our Help guide. Find out more about Vault PLM – having a way to stay connected 24/7 to your global supply chain is key in getting products to market faster and better.