The latest BIM 360 Document Management update includes:
- Review and Approval Workflow
- Additional review and approval workflow templates (4, 5, and 6 steps)
- Workflow template configuration improvements
- Added Compare capability for enhanced drawing and model review
- BIM 360 iOS app V2.8
- View markup attachments.
- First Person 3D model navigation tool
- Model sectioning tool
- Document sorting options
- Filter checklists by signature status (Field Management)
- Usability and Quality improvements
Document Review and Approval Process
Additional templates – We have added three new serial workflow templates (4, 5, and 6 steps) in response to customer feedback.
Configuration Usability Improvements – we have updated and improved the experience for selecting users, roles, and companies for each workflow step. Now you can see the names of the selected users more easily, even when you are still selecting others. We have also improved the “step name” editing user experience.
Compare during review – we have added the “compare” function to the review and approval process, so that reviewers can easily see what has changed between versions or compare two different disciplines in the context of the design review.
What’s Next? Many of you have been asking for more workflow templates. While we now have six (6) template options, we are listening to your requests for “parallel” and “group review” steps. We are working on improvements to address those needs and will continue to deliver updates to this feature in the months ahead.
BIM 36o Unified iOS App – V2.8 now available
The latest version of the unified BIM 360 iOS app addresses many feature areas you have been waiting for:
- Added ability to view markup attachments.
- Added support for the First Person tool, allowing you to navigate through a model as if you are walking through it.
- Added support for the Section Analysis tool, enabling you to view the model in different sections.
- Introduced ability to filter checklists by signature status.
- Introduced ability to sort documents by document name, file name, and date last modified.
- Introduced ability to sort search results by document name, file name, and date last modified.
BIM 360 Docs iOS App – to be removed from the App Store on February 28, 2019
Earlier this month, we announced that we will be retiring the BIM 360 Docs iOS app as of February 28, 2019.
NOTE: There is no change for Android users, since the Android app has always been for both Docs and Field functionality.
The unified BIM 360 iOS app supports end to end workflows from the office to the field – both Document Management and next gen Field Management functionality. In addition to connected workflows and the Field Management functionality (checklists, issues and daily logs), the unified BIM 360 app includes all of the critical capabilities that currently exist in the Docs iOS app. In addition, the unified app provides improved performance and a more intuitive user experience for all users, with additional Docs-related features such as:
- Project search
- Support for native PDF viewing setting (project files)
- Additional markup tool (highlighter) and markup text size control
- Location support (for Issues)
- Mark up photo attachments to Issues
- Measurement – Area and angle
- Sets – displays if a document is part of a Set
Learn more about the capabilities of the BIM 360 iOS and Android mobile apps, and how they compare to the Docs iOS mobile app: BIM 360 mobile app matrix.
What do you need to do?
- Download the BIM 360 app from the AppStore
- Send a message to your project teams – make sure they also download the unified app. Note that MDM is fully supported.
- Update internal documentation