New in Cost Management
Project Configuration Wizard
Project Admins now have access to a new optional setting called ‘Project Process.’ Based on the selected role and project preferences in Project Process, it configures which components display in cost management and relevant permission options. This provides a more straightforward setup process for different user cohorts.
- Project Admins control this within general settings in Cost Management.
- By using Project Process, teams now have the option to enable a collaborative Potential Change Order workflow, see details below.
- Individual tab deactivation is no longer managed in the ‘Tab names and order’ section of general settings. Instead, tab deactivation is controlled via selections in Project Process.
Collaborative Potential Change Order Workflow
Optional collaborative workflow for PCOs is made of 3 main Project Process-driven features.
- A user can let their supplier generate PCOs and review/accept/reject.
- A user can send a PCO out to request pricing for a change order instead of using an RFQ. (Assuming only one recipient in the PCO).
- A collaborative PCO workflow where the GC can directly submit a PCO rather than COR to the customer and have the owner review/accept/reject (GC/Sub focused).
- The feature cannot be turned on for projects with existing change orders.
- A license is required to participate in the workflow.
Watch this release in action
Note: Interface in the video is Autodesk Build. Functionality is the same in BIM 360 Cost Management.