There are 6 primary updates for Insight within BIM 360 that were released as part of the July launch, as well as several smaller releases that have come out over the last 2 months:
- Data Connector | Reviews Data & Document Management Power BI Template
- Data Connector | Schedule Daily Refresh
- Data Connector | Power BI Connector on EU Servers
- Reports | Document Log Adding Approval Status
- Reports | Issue Status Summary
- Dashboards | Additional Partner Cards
Data Connector Updates:
- Reviews Data & Document Management Power BI Template – Both BIM 360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud platform users can now extract document review data using the data connector. This release adds to the document management related data extractions, including previously released sheets & transmittal data, so that teams can create custom dashboards in their own BI tools to better optimize document management workflows including driving better review processes.
- Schedule Daily Extracts – Both BIM 360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud platform users can now schedule extracts using Data Connector on a daily basis. This allows teams to get new data refreshed every day for use in other BI tools so they ensure they always have the most up to date information.
- Power BI Connector on EU Servers – Both BIM 360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud platform users can now use the Power BI Connector in both US and EU accounts. Previously the connector early access was available only for US accounts.
- Issue Status Summary – A new Issue Status Summary report is now available in BIM 360 and will be coming out shortly for the Autodesk Construction Cloud platform. This new report highlights a list of issues by company and gives an overview of how many are unresolved, overdue, open, answered, closed, etc. This helps teams get better visibility into issue status for each company and promotes resolution.
- Document Log – Adding Approval Status – BIM 360 users will now see a new field for ‘approval status’ within the Document Log report. This will help teams quickly understand what phase each document is at in the review cycle and quickly take action to push any delayed reviews forward.
- Additional Partner Cards – Several new partner cards have been added to the card library in both BIM 360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud platform. The Box partner card will have its own branded card, and the following list of partner cards are accessible through copying and pasting links into the generic partner card; Airtable, Embneusys, Hoyst, OpticVyu Construction Camera, and Quickbase.
- Dashboards | Executive Overview Dashboard Enhancements – Improved page level dashboard filters for project type and business unit selection.
- Construction IQ | Fit & Finish Construction IQ Enhancements – Subcontractor risk page added label, added daily risk popup for Subcontractor Risk card.
- Data Connector | Enhancements to Cost Data Scheme – Introducing custom properties for ‘budgets’, ‘contracts’, and ‘cost items’ via Data Connector.
- Reports | Group by Functionality (Cost Reports)
- Reports | Section signatures in Checklist Detail report – Add section level signatures for Checklist Detail reports.
- Reports | Issue count in Checklist Detail report (.xls) – Issue count in the checklist detail excel report.
- Reports | Additional checklist report filters – ‘Started’ and ‘completed’ date filters are added to both Checklist detail and Checklist Summary reports.
- Insight | Overdue Reviews Deep Link – Reviews deep link now takes users directly to the Review details in Docs.
- Insight | Partner Card Enhancements – Partner cards now utilize full screen height and width. This is useful for customers using larger screens and would like to view more info on the cards such as powerBI or job site cameras etc.
- Insight | Project Design Card for Docs in EU – Project design card is now supported for projects on Docs EU account