Autodesk Vault 2024.1 is here with more enhancements to help you accelerate your overall design creation and data management experience. Vault subscribers can start taking advantage of the new functionality right away. If you missed our previous post about the release of Vault 2024, you can see it here.
Watch the overview video to see some of the new features in action, and read on to learn more about what’s new in Vault 2024.1.
Autodesk Vault 2024.1 Highlights
Learn about the new capabilities and enhancements available for administration in this release.
Vault 2024.1 introduces a new feature, Group Manager, a user who can manage group members by assigning existing or new users to specified groups. The Group Manager can manage only the groups they are given, allowing for distributed administration of groups.
As a group manager, you can view groups with profile attributes and add or remove members to the group.
For more information, see Manage Groups.
Enforce Unique File Name Enhancement
With unique file names enforced, files in the Vault must each have a unique, identifying name. However, depending on the folder structure, the Inventor design data and template location have the same file names. So, if a unique file name check is enforced, those files may fail to check-in.
The enforce unique file name enhancement allows you to enforce unique file names based on the file extension or folder location. You can enable files with specific extensions or files in specified folders to have duplicate file names.
While enforcing the unique file name, you can find duplicate file names in the Vault to help resolve any file name conflicts.
- Exclude enforcement by file extension.
- Exclude enforcement by folder.
For more information, see Enforce Unique File Names.
Learn about the enhancements made to the Vault Client.
The new Get Folder functionality lets you download a copy of the folder structure from without getting the files. This helps to avoid creating duplicate folders while copying or moving the folders, hence, reducing the time to manage and organize the folder structure. For more information, see Get Folder from Vault.
You can also use Get Folder while performing the Copy Folder operation. This allows you to download a copy of the folder structure to a local working folder while copying the folder to a set location. For more information, see Copy Folder.
Display name mapping
Until now, if the display name and the username are different, the property value for the file property shows the display name. However, the property value is set to “User” in the Copy Design rule set behavior. With this update, you can choose the property value (User or Display name) you want to display while defining the Copy Design rule set behavior.
For more information, see Copy Design – Action Rule Sets.
Thin Client Enhancements
Learn about the enhancements made to the Thin Client.
Use Show/Hide Folders to expand or collapse the folder view in the Files workspace.
If you have a long list of files and folders, you can hide the folders that aren’t relevant or make them show when required. You don’t need to scroll through all the folders in the main data table to view specific files or folders. You can still navigate through the folder tree navigation in the left panel.
Full View vs. Paged View
Select the view icon to toggle between full and paged views to load and display data.
For more information, see Thin Client – Interface.
The logged-in user initials now appear consistent across the Vault Client.
The profile icon displays the user initials based on the following behavior:
- If the first name and last name fields are available in Vault, the profile icon displays the first letter from the first name and last name.
- If only the first name field is available in Vault, the profile icon only displays the first letter of the first name. If only the last name field is available in Vault, the profile icon only shows the first letter of the last name.
- If both the first and last names are unavailable in Vault, the profile icon displays the first letter from the display name.
Define Search Columns
As an administrator, you can now define headers for the search workspace and enforce the same for all users. When enforced, non-admin users can’t change the default search columns. For more information, see Work with Vault Data.
- Search Condition: The “Is Not” search condition option is now available for text fields and is consistent across Vault. Advanced search in Thick and Thin Client includes the “Is Not” condition. A Vault Ideas submission.
- Synchronize Properties: You can now trigger synchronize properties from the context menu. Right-click on a file and then select Synchronize Properties from the context menu.
- Refresh: Use the “F5” key to refresh the Items dialog.
- Vault Gateway: Now available in Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, Vault Gateway allows users external to your company to connect to your vault environment.
To learn more about Autodesk Vault product data management, visit our product center here.
Share your feedback
To make sure we’re working on your priorities, be sure to give us your feedback. You can join the following communities to share feedback and product improvement requests with our Autodesk Vault product team:
Vault Ideas – Submit your ideas for improvements and new features.
Vault Forums – Discuss Autodesk Vault’s current workflows with our technical teams and your peers.
Feedback Community – Test Autodesk Vault alpha and beta releases and give your feedback directly to the Vault product team.
This post co-authored by:
Sr. Content Experience Designer