You can almost feel the VR goggles on your head already. You can almost hear the drones. It’s about to get real, people: AU is just days away.
As the big week approaches, it’s worth remembering that being at AU is a bit like being a hunter-gatherer. You’re hunting for knowledge and insight, and you’re gathering professional connections and fresh perspectives on transformation. You’ll be on foot most of the time, carrying everything you need with you, and you’ll want to make sure you know about the best places to find food (and coffee). Make sure you’re ready to thrive in your new habitat with these essentials:
- Wear comfortable shoes—You could be covering a mile or more on foot every day.
- Dress in layers—You’ll be inside 99% of the time, but still, there are microclimates to consider. Layers will help you adapt to changes from one classroom to another and from the Exhibit Hall to the keynotes in Hall C.
- Pack lip balm—The air can get a little dry. Just sayin’.
- Bring a water bottle—Water is available on every level in large coolers, and there are cups, too. But you can be a good planetary citizen by bringing your own bottle and refilling it. Plus, that way, you’ll never go thirsty.
- Plan your meals—You need energy to learn (also caffeine), so make sure you stay fed and hydrated. Luckily, we make that easy. You’ll find breakfast bites served from 6:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m. each morning (go through the Hub to find them). Lunch is served in the Exhibit Hall from 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. each day, with vegetarian and gluten-free options available, and halal and kosher meals available with advanced notice. And there are small bites served at most of the large social events. Plus, there are restaurants of all types in the Venetian and Palazzo. You’ll have no excuse to go hungry.
- Remember business cards—We didn’t have to say that, did we? You’ll meet lots of people you’ll want to keep in touch with.
We’ll see you in Vegas!