AU Las Vegas isn’t until November, but now is the time to think about the knowledge you might want to share there and the session you want to lead. That’s because the AU 2018 Call for Proposals opens in mid-May, just a few weeks away. It’s a bit later than in previous years, but you can use the extra time to create a better, richer proposal.
Here are just a few of the topics we’re particularly interested in this year:
- Connecting design and preconstruction to reduce costs, improve decision making, and accelerate building.
- Making construction more like manufacturing by using modular and component-based approaches.
- Making design and fabrication part of a single, continuous process for manufacturing.
- Adapting generative design methodologies to traditional fabrication processes.
- Keeping data at the center of building and manufacturing processes.
- Streamlining the production pipeline for media & entertainment.
What are the skills you’ve honed that could benefit other professionals like yourself? What are the practices you’ve perfected that can enable your whole industry to advance? What’s the project you’ve completed that can help others understand how to adapt to change?
Check out the Call for Proposals page to download the updated 2018 CFP guide for tips and insights on how to focus your idea, structure your proposal, and give it the best possible chance of acceptance.
The world is changing. Technology is changing. And no one knows better than you how your industry can best adapt. So who better than you to lead a session at AU?
Stay tuned for more details. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.