An exciting feature of both Alias 2020 and 2021 is a new modeling workflow, Alias Create VR. In this 5-video series, we’ll cover some of the fundamentals of this modeling toolset so that you can begin getting the most of it now.
Here’s a short overview of Create VR.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing the following videos:
- Video 1, Creating a Concept, outlines how to get started, then dives into Curves, Radial Symmetry, CVs, and Surfacing.
- Video 2, Refinement Tips, explores how to streamline your refinement process through Surface Alignment, Saving Your Work, and Part Lines.
- Video 3, Review & Feedback, covers the impact of Create VR as a powerful evaluation tool. You’ll learn how to Send Geometry, use the Revolve Tool, and Reimport and Refine your scene.
- Video 4, Alias to VRED: Setting the Scene, is the first of a two-parter that discusses how to bring your concept work into VRED and what to do with it once it’s there: Alias Curves, Painting, Scene, and Lighting are all covered here.
- Video 5, Alias to VRED: VR Review, closes our series with that crucial state of development—Reviews. Learn how to share your file with your team, and how to try a simultaneous review in VRED’s Collaborative Mode.
Create VR allows you to view models at full scale in 3d space, refine designs quickly and early, and collaborate in the same room or across the globe. We’re excited about this new era in conceptual design.
If you have Autodesk Alias, you already have access to Create VR, if you would like to try the beta email email@example.com