We are pleased to announce a new application to integrate and visualize BIM 360 issues, with the help of unified issue management, in Autodesk Revit 2020 & 2021: the Revit Issues Add-In for Revit.
With the Revit Issues Add-in, Revit designers can open, edit, comment on, and resolve BIM 360 issues (created from any BIM 360 client, example: BIM 360 Design Collaboration, BIM 360 Model Coordination, Navisworks, BIM 360 Document Management, etc.) directly within Revit.
Revit designers can now easily understand the connection between an issue captured in BIM 360 and the Revit model with the help of identifiers like position, 3D view, and element details. Designers can also update and change the BIM 360 issue directly in Revit, for example, they can add more details to the issue or change its status.
You can access and download the latest installer for Revit 2020 & 2021 through Autodesk Accounts (manage.autodesk.com) or the Autodesk Desktop App.
We know this is an exciting, highly anticipated workflow for many of you, and we’re so glad to make this available before the holidays! We believe this could fundamentally change how you incorporate feedback and ensure resolution of issues, greatly improving the quality of your day-to-day design work. Here’s why:
Easy element identification – View a BIM 360 issue and highlight its equivalent Revit element in the Revit model.
Unified issues – Change status, add additional information, or reassign to a different person or team. Any updates become automatically available in every BIM 360 client that supports unified issue management. Additionally, all details are reflected in centralized dashboards and reporting.
Holistic issue review – All issues — whether captured in the “in progress” folder during design review, in the “shared” folder during model coordination, or as feedback on Revit models shared with construction — can be viewed altogether in one location in Revit.
Task management – Focus on issues assigned to you, your role, or your team.
Clash resolution workflows – Resolve issues created in Design Collaboration, Model Coordination, or Navisworks, while also accessing screenshots of issues on multi-format aggregated models.
Save time and reduce manual work – Remove the manual process of comparing exported issue lists and the Revit model side by side. Simply use the Revit Issue Add-in to close the loop.
Key Features & Workflows:
- Issues automatically load when the model is loading for the first time
- View issues assigned to the same Revit model in one list, even if they were captured in different places at different times
- Once loaded, view the captured issue within context and make changes to the design and/or annotate the issue with any relevant comments before sharing back into BIM 360
- View, edit, or change the issue status in Revit for example close the status into “closed”
- Load issues from other copies of the same model created as part of the design collaboration or model coordination process (example: from a “coordination space” folder or shared folder)
- Automatically load the associated view, zoom in to the Revit element with the correct camera position, display issues by status, see the color-coded pin in Revit canvas, and highlight the associated Revit element
- Revit Issues Add-In supports all cloud-based Revit model types: Revit Cloud Workshared models, Cloud Models, models accessed through Desktop Connector
Join me for a live demo in 2021 on our Building Solutions YouTube channel! Bookmark this page and click “subscribe” to save the date on your calendar.