Note: Images and videos are of Autodesk Build. However, the functionality is the same within BIM 360 Cost Management.
- Performance Tracking – A new toolset called “Performance Tracking” has been added to the Forecast Tool to allow self-perform contractors to analyze productivity and cost data within Cost Management on a granular level.
- New Columns Added Budget Overview and Change Orders to Associate Hours with Budget Items – The following new columns, Input (hrs) Qty, Input Unit, and Input Unit Cost, have been added to the Budget Overview table (in edit mode) and Change Order flyout panel. They allow you to associate hours directly to the budget and change orders.
- You must be in edit mode within the Budget Overview to access the new columns.
- In Change Orders, open the flyout panel for a specific Cost Item. Scroll to the Cost Summary section to view the columns.
- Additionally, new columns are now available to turn on in the budget overview (via the gear icon) to show you the original unit & input qtys, change order unit & input qtys, and revised total of both.
- When creating budget transfers, you can now do it based on qty and input qty. And transfer hrs for items with different work units instead of just cost.
- Date Attribute Grouping – Within various components of Cost Management (e.g., Budget view, Contract view, etc.) in the Filter and Group flyout, you now have the option to group items by a specific date attribute (e.g., Day, Month, or Quarter).
- Compliance – Project Admins can now configure compliance requirement attachment lists for Contracts and Payment Applications within Settings. The created list appears under Compliance Requirements in the Contract and Payment Application flyout panels; this is where the documents are uploaded. If a required document from the list is not added, the items cannot be submitted.
- Expense Custom Approval Workflow – Members can now utilize the decision-based workflow engine to automate the approval routing of expenses based on specific conditions.
- Expanded Contract Filter and Grouping Options – Contract Schedule of Values can now be filtered and grouped in the full-page view.
- Cost Payment Application “Payment Ongoing” Visibility – New column titled “Payment Ongoing” has been added as an optional column to turn on in the Cost Payment Application summary table to add visibility of any unpaid amounts. Activate it via the gear icon.
- Formula: Current Payment Due – Paid Amount = Payment Ongoing
CHANGE ORDER TOOL
- Batch Copy Change Order Values – Added the ability to copy all amounts entered in the change order’s proposed and estimated fields into the submitted, approved, or committed fields.
- The new Copy button appears when hovering over a change order row or any cost item row if all the cost item values are empty and editable, AND any previous values are not empty. Otherwise, the Copy button will NOT appear.
- Supplier Option to Add Multiple Cost Items Per One Budget Code – Suppliers with PCO collaborate access can now split the PCO into several cost items connected to the same budget code. This allows the PCO to be split more granularly while connected to the same budget code so the receiver can approve or deny each cost item individually.
- In the Submit PCO window, after clicking on Add Cost Item, the users can now select the same budget code again.
- SCO Generation from Cost Item – Added the ability to generate a SCO from a cost item within the Cost Item tab.
- Project Team Related Terms – Within General Settings, Admins can now customize project team-related terms to better align with their needs. For example, you’re a Subcontractor, so you might want to change “Owner” to “Customer” because that is who you are contracted by. This change will change the term in other parts of the system, such as budget overview columns and company setup.
- Customize PCO Scope Names – Within Change Order settings, Admins can now customize existing PCO scope names.
- Add Markups to Document Packages – To better facilitate approval review workflows, users can now open PDF documents in the BIMViewer and easily add markups.
- Mapping Docs Folder Auto Set Permissions – In general settings, after the mapping docs folder is enabled, the system now auto-sets the supplier permission to “create” direct from Cost Management, so you don’t have to go to Documents to enable permission.