On April 9th, we launched a brand new Project Home page for next generation BIM 360.
Why Project Home?
Project Home provides a unified view into important, relevant, and actionable information from across BIM 360 to our users. This allows you to quickly evaluate areas that require attention for you or your team. From Project Home, you can easily navigate to other BIM 360 modules to continue your work. This is a part of our efforts to make the BIM 360 experience more unified, simple, and data centric for our customers.
Read more to find out about:
Who has access to Project Home
- Unified and data centric: A new project home page with relevant and actionable information from across BIM 360 services
- User specific: Access to information based on user specific roles and permissions
- Actionable: Ability to select an item and navigate directly to that item in the specific module to take action
- Seamless navigation: Acts as the default project landing page and also accessible from the module picker
What is live now:
- Project Address: card displaying the location of the project and a map. The address information is coming from the Project profile in BIM 360 account administration. Please update the address in account administration if it is empty
- Weather: card displaying the current and forecasted weather for the project. Weather information is based on the address detail entered in BIM 360 account administration
- Field Management Issues – card displaying the list of issues from Field Management that the user has permission to view
- Scheduled Checklists – card displaying checklist inspections that are scheduled and the user has permission to view
- RFIs: card displaying list of RFIs which are actionable and relevant to the user
- Document Issues – card displaying list of issues from Document Management that are currently open and relevant for the user
- Submittals: card displaying the list of Submittal items which are open and relevant to the user who is viewing the card
- Design Packages – card displaying the list of design packages available for the user from Design Collaboration module
Users can click on “View all” or the expand and collapse option to see more information when available.
You can also click on individual items and navigate to that specific information in the corresponding feature module to take further action. For example, clicking on a Document Issue opens up that specific issue details in the Document Management module in a new tab.
Who has access to Project Home:
Project Home is available for projects using Next generation BIM 360. You can access it from the module picker in BIM 360 for your Project. All BIM 360 customers can access Project Home page and view information that they have permission to see in the project. There are no separate permissions to get access to Project Home.
Users will have access to specific cards only if they are part of that service in the project. In addition, scope of the information displayed is based on your project level permission.
Project Member view:
Regular Project Members will get to see ONLY items that are assigned to them and are unresolved. They will not be able to view any data that is not assigned to them.
Project Admin view:
In addition to the items assigned to them, Project Admins also get to see the project level items
What if I am a classic BIM 360 (Glue or Field) user?
Project Home is only available for Next generation BIM 360. It only shows data from Next Generation BIM 360 modules such as Document Management, Field Management, Project Management, Design Collaboration and Administration.
What if I am a BIM 360 Design user?
If you are a BIM 360 Design user with access to Document Management and the new Design Collaboration module, you will be able to view the Document Issues card and Design Packages card. In addition, you also get the Project Address and Weather cards. Moreover, the data visible in each card will be based on the users permission to that item in BIM 360. See below example of what a BIM 360 Design user will see in Project Home.
Is there a way to push a customized Project Home page to all BIM 360 users of a project?
We have heard your feedback – now you can switch temperature between Celsius and Fahrenheit units. Read more: https://blogs.autodesk.com/bim360-release-notes/2018/04/25/bim-360-project-home-update-april-24-2018/
This is a great addition to the platform!
Couple of things I’ve noticed so far:
Weather only in shown F currently, can you please add the option to change to Celcius
Would it be possible to switch between ‘current’ and ‘forecast’ view like what is available directly from Dark Sky, with the temp ranges shown? Also to be able to go back in time would be useful to see the weather from last week, for example, and to also record this in a table somewhere for use in the case of disputes etc where evidence is needed?
When clicking to view an RFI can the pop-up window appear still within the Project Home module, rather than opening in the document management/project management modules, because this takes longer to load?
Add a separate card with some of the project details copied over from the ‘Profile’ page, such as; type of project, value, construction type, etc?
Allow map to be switched to a satellite view and also street view when map expanded to full screen?
Admins could be able to see a card that tells them the number of members/companies, with a link to the Project Admin module to find out more details? This would be useful for a high-level view?
Is the same going to be put in place at an account admin level, to allow account admins to see an overview of information from all projects?
@rholland951 – Thank you for your feedback.
We made a recent update to Project Home to support switching between Celcius and Fahrenheit. In addition, you can now click on the dark sky link to open their website and look at more detailed information that you are interested in. Hope this is helpful.
Autodesk BIM 360
Great addition to the BIM 360 platform! However, is there any way to change the temperature units to Celsius?
Thank you for the feedback!
We are working on adding the ability to change the temperature units. I will provide an update once this feature is available.
Autodesk BIM 360